Good afternoon Team,
I am very proud to send this email and to appreciate Strickland Waterproofing to their “safety performance” at TRU-WTP in Gastonia NC. The team that is currently working on site lead by Angel Vargas has performed an outstanding safe work, not only for the crew but for others as well. See below for a few items that the crew has been successfully performed:
- Work areas are maintained clean and debris are picked up daily
- Leadman is always proactive and ask what is required in advance. If training is necessary, the employees are trained and cards are submitted. Perhaps, swing stage scaffold training as an example.
- The crew works with other trades and always shows positive attitude.
- Protects construction and plant personnel by barricading the area, and the ground person directs traffic to a safe route.
- Complies with rules and regulations, when in doubt the leadman or employees are not afraid to ask questions.
- Tools are replaced when don’t pass the competent person inspection
- Always attend to safety meetings and stretching exercises, or Angel calls RC to let us know that the crew won’t be able to make it on time and they do their own stretching exercises.
- PTPs are done prior to start working and submitted on the daily basis.
- Proper PPE is provided as needed and most importantly the proper PPE for the task. When the crew was power washing brick, they had rubber gloves, reflective rain suit with, rubber steel toe boots, fall protection when working above or bear water, etc.
Thank you for the great efforts and safe work performance, keep up the great work.
Safety Coordinator – Civil & Environmental Division
Two River Water Treatment Plant
414 N. York St. Gastonia, NC, 28052